Bike Indianapolis wouldn’t exist without members and their contributions. Your membership dollars go toward the strength and growth of Bike Indianapolis as we strive to create more bike riders thru advocacy, education, and riding.
You can join for as little as $35 a year.
By contributing to Bike Indianapolis, you demonstrate that you care about the issues facing bike riders in our community and you want to make bicycling safe and fun for everyone in central Indiana. Bike Indianapolis will leverage your membership dollars to build a stronger bicycling community and engage in initiatives focused on infrastructure, education, and great destinations in Indianapolis. The bigger our membership, the more apparent our message and our needs as bike riders become, and the more likely those needs are to be met by our city governments.
Joining Bike Indianapolis is a great way to get involved. Here is a list of volunteer opportunities coming up. If you have talents or skills you want to offer to help, please contact us about it.
After you’ve joined, please ask your friends to join Bike Indianapolis too. Ask your employer to become a corporate sponsor as well.
Bike Indianapolis has been directly involved in many projects that have increased the number cyclists in and around Indianapolis. This list contains some, but not all of our successes:
• Created the Indy Ride Guide bicycling map, as well as two subsequent updates. New version 3.0 is being planned for 2018.
• Advocated for 24 hour access to the Monon Trail and other Greenways, a change which was implemented by the city in 2015.
• Collaborated on development of Indianapolis and regional bike plans
• Organize and manage Indianapolis’ annual Bike To Work Day every May.
• Hosted Bike Bucket Workshops
• Staffed educational and informational tables and workshops around the city supporting our Riders In The Know education program.
• Began Indy Bike Register to register bikes, and allowing riders to report bikes that have been stolen.
• Launched the ‘I Like Bike’ campaign in advance of the 2015 city/county elections to promote awareness of the candidate’s positions on cycling. Campaign will continue for future elections.
Your support means increased bike traffic and sales. When people ride bicycles more and drive less, more money stays in the local economy. Find out how bicycles can mean more for your business: Bicycles Mean Business
|Logo onBike Indianapolis website sponsor page||X||X||X||X|
|Facebook post inBike Indianapolis page||1||4||12||24|
|Bike Indianapolis Window decal||X||X||X||X|
|Tweet from Bike Indianapolis account||1||12||24||52|
|Complimentary space at Bike to Work Day||X||X||X|
|Free Bicycle Safety workshop at your business||X||X||X|
|Logo in rotation on Bike Indianapolis home page||X||X|
|Team volunteer opportunity for your staff||X||X|
|Assistance with Bicycle Friendly Business application||X||X|
|Organized ride for your employees||X|
|Free ad in newsletter||X|
|Free Bicycle Commuting workshop at your business||X|
|Speaking opportunity at Bike Indianapolis Member party||X|